Best Value for Dental Implants in Monrovia CA
Dental implants tend to cost a lot more than alternative tooth replacement treatments such as dentures and dental bridgework. This cost can partly be attributed to the requirement of a skilled oral surgeon to perform the procedure, as opposed to a general dentist. As a surgical procedure, it also requires careful planning to eliminate any risks and ensure successful treatment. Moreover, dental implants often require additional procedures such as tooth extraction, bone grafting, sinus augmentation, crown placement, and so on depending on the position of the implant, individual treatment plan, and the patient’s general health. All of these factors add to the final cost of dental implants placement.
Generally, there is a variety in the price range for a single dental implant. This amount is distributed across service costs, cost of all components involved in the procedure, and the cost of the replacement crown.
A costly dental implant procedure may involve the following steps:
- Tooth or teeth removal – to remove any tooth fragments during site preparation.
- Bone grafting – If the implant site has signs of bone loss after tooth extraction, your oral surgeon may recommend bone grafting to build up the bone tissue and achieve a solid base to support the implant. Bone grafting in the upper jaw is known as sinus augmentation or sinus lift
- Titanium Implant placement – A titanium post will be inserted into the jaw bone using a special drill and tools, and a “healing cap” placed over the implant before stitching up the gum.
- A temporary denture will be placed at the site for aesthetic purposes during healing
- Abutment placement – It is connected to the implant using a screw
- Crown fabrication – Impression of the abutment will be obtained and sent to a dental lab to fabricate your custom crown.
- Tooth replacement – When the crown is ready, it will be secured to the abutment by cementing or with a screw.
How Much Will the Insurance Pay?
In the cost breakdown above, dental insurance providers only accept to pay for the replacement crown. This is because dental implants are considered an elective procedure by most dental insurance providers, even though it has become a standard of care for tooth replacement.
For more information on dental implants in Monrovia CA and to find out the cost of your individual treatment, please contact us today.